Skip to main content

Review: Zoup!

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Zoup! Fresh Soup Company:

Every now and again a friend will call me to sit down and bend my ear to their tales and troubles. Today was  one of those days where I found myself on the other side of the table while a friend laid out a personal issue. We decided on Zoup! at Stetson Square. It specializes in various soups. They let you taste them before you buy, so you have the chance to try over a dozen different soups. The soups were tasty but not spectacular. It was a pleasant experience for a quick lunch.




I decided to get the lobster bisque and the Chicken Toscana sandwich. The sandwich comes with  roasted red peppers, marinated red onions, provolone cheese & basil mayo on a Ciabatta bun. don't order it if you consider yourself dieting as the website lists the sandwich as having 517 calories.  The sandwich was good. I didn't like the onions, but I rarely do. The ingredients had a good flavor to them on the Ciabatta bread. I felt like it was a little on the expensive side.


The lobster bisque is described on the site as mellow, real-cream soup with lobster, butter & a hint of sherry. It was very creamy and tasty. The man behind the counter told me that it was their best selling soup. I appreciated its flavor. It was creamy and featured a good little chunks of crab. I thought it was delicious and I would definitely try it again.


Overall Experience:
Service:                     3
Ambiance:                 3
Menu:                       3
Food taste/Quality:    3

I give the whole experience 3 out of 5 broken eggs:


The food was good, but not amazing. I would say the soups were better than Panera, but not as good as a non chain soup place I visited not too long ago. I would suggest it for a decent lunch meal when you are not in a hurry and want to try a good variety of soups. 


For more about Zoup! Fresh Soup Company:

260 Stetson St. 
Cincinnati, OH USA 
Hours: 

Monday-Friday 11:00-8:00
Saturday 11:00-4:00 
Phone: 513-221-1888


Zoup! Fresh Soup Company on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Sweet Rice

Today's recipe was a family staple sweet rice, Most people would call this rice pudding. Its about the same, but we tend to eat it warm, where others may eat it cold. We also consider it to be a useful addition to any meal, be it as a side dish or a breakfast. The recipe is pretty easy, so I suggest you try it for yourself.

Review: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Cheesecake Factory

Today's choice off the Breakfast Menu was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the French Toast Napoleon from the Cheesecake Factory Today the wife and I decided to hit up the Cheesecake factory for brunch. We have eaten there once before for breakfast but that was so long ago that I did not have a clear memory of why we had never returned. A friend of ours really likes eating at the establishment and it had been forever since we ventured that way. The restaurant was of course packed to the gills but we discovered the secret of the bar area where, if you can grab a table, you can jump the line and get seated faster.