Skip to main content

Review: Price Hill Chili

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Price Hill Chili: 




I had a presentation today, which went very well and left me on the West Side of town. I decided to stop into a local chili spot for a quick breakfast. Price Hill Chili is a Westwood institution. It features decent food for a good price. While it is not the trendiest spot in the city you can count on it for a hot meal and great service. 





Price Hill Chili is typical of many of the various chili spots in the city. They offer a variety of things on the menu besides Cincinnati style chili. You can also pick up double deckers, specialty sandwiches and breakfast all day long. You can usually expect a mid to low level breakfast from a place like this. Price Hill chili was not an exception to the rule. 


I ordered the mega Greek omelet, mostly because it had the word mega in the name and it offered a variety of toppings I appreciate. It came with spinach, feta cheese, onions, tomato, green pepper, and olives. There were a side of home fries and the whole thing ran me $7.35. I added a half order of french toast because I prefer sweet with my breakfast. 


The omelet was the french style fold with a thin layer of egg around a load of cooked toppings. I like it, mostly because it had flavorful insides. They use Greek olives in the omelet, which was unusual because most people go with black or green. I hate their house fries, which are like under cooked potato chips. Many diners make home fries in this style and I don't know why. It is a personal preference that I prefer the home fries in strips like I had in Indianapolis at 3 sisters.  


One major plus was that they did not put powdered sugar all over the french toast. Most places pile that stuff on and I was surprised to get two clean pieces of french toast. The french toast had a pretty good batter with not too much egg flavor and a decent amount of vanilla and nutmeg. It was light and tasty, hitting most of the flavor notes one expects from a french toast. it tasted like the type of french toast a friend might make if I were to request it. Its not quite grandma's but it will do. 


Overall Experience:
Service:                   4
Ambiance:               3
Menu:                      3
Food taste/Quality:   3

I give the whole experience 3 out of 5 broken eggs:
The service was pretty good, the food was standard. It was a solid experience that I would recommend if you are looking for a quick bite on the west side for not too much money.

For more about Price Hill Chili:

Address: 
4920 Glenway Ave  

CincinnatiOH 45238



Hours: 
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday: 6:00 a.m. till 11:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 6:00 a.m. till 2:00 a.m.


Phone:
513.471.9507

Website: 


Price Hill Chili on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Sweet Rice

Today's recipe was a family staple sweet rice, Most people would call this rice pudding. Its about the same, but we tend to eat it warm, where others may eat it cold. We also consider it to be a useful addition to any meal, be it as a side dish or a breakfast. The recipe is pretty easy, so I suggest you try it for yourself.

Review: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Cheesecake Factory

Today's choice off the Breakfast Menu was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the French Toast Napoleon from the Cheesecake Factory Today the wife and I decided to hit up the Cheesecake factory for brunch. We have eaten there once before for breakfast but that was so long ago that I did not have a clear memory of why we had never returned. A friend of ours really likes eating at the establishment and it had been forever since we ventured that way. The restaurant was of course packed to the gills but we discovered the secret of the bar area where, if you can grab a table, you can jump the line and get seated faster.

Review: Zoup!

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Zoup!  Fresh Soup Company: Every now and again a friend will call me to sit down and bend my ear to their tales and troubles. Today was  one of those days where I found myself on the other side of the table while a friend laid out a personal issue. We decided on Zoup! at Stetson Square. It specializes in various soups. They let you taste them before you buy, so you have the chance to try over a dozen different soups. The soups were tasty but not spectacular. It was a pleasant experience for a quick lunch.