Skip to main content

Recipe: Bacon & Cheese Egg Cups

Today's recipe is Bacon Egg and Cheese Cups:


This is an insanely easy recipe. The one I found online didn't call for anything more than eggs, cheese, and bacon in a muffin tin. All of these items were actually on sale at the local grocer. I actually got this recipe off Tumblr, which I visit frequently because I am an internet junkie. The recipe came from a food blog called, Kirbie's Cravings. I usually tag the recipes I want to try and leave them open in tabs. Because Mother's Day was coming up I knew this would be the perfect addition to the brunch menu.

Anyone with a muffin tin can make this recipe. I made this dish earlier in the week so that I could make sure I wouldn't make any mistakes the day of. It did not disappoint.  Fortunately I remembered to take photos this time.


I tried making bacon in the skillet but that was taking too long and we had many people waiting to eat. I went ahead and microwaved the bacon since I was going to cook a lot of it and I could only put four on the skillet at the time

The microwave was quick, but I over cooked it a little. Not much else needs to be done once you make the bacon. I was out of pam so I had to butter the muffin tin. It is a little messier than pam but no big deal. After you butter the pan you put in the bacon.

 You circle the little bacon into the muffin tins. I thought I was going to have extra bacon so I gave a few slices to my wife for a blt. Imagine my surprise when I was one slice short for this batch.

Into this little nest of bacon you crack an egg and pour in the contents. Be sure to not break the yolk.
I dashed a little bit of pepper, garlic salt and oregano into the egg to flavor it a bit.
Next you sprinkle a little bit of the cheese onto the eggs. Pay no attention to the lonely little baconless egg in the corner.
I used cheddar jack cheese, which is what I had left over from something else I made a week or so ago. It's cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese,  which had a good enough kick to it.
Next this mix goes into the oven. I preheated the oven to 400 degrees. The whole thing bakes for 9 minutes if you want a runny yolk. I wasn't sure my guests would like that so I cooked them all the way through. 15 minutes in the stove was enough.
15 minutes later they came out bubbling with a cheese coating.
I used my small spatula to scoop them out. They came out pretty easily.
Everyone loved them once they were plated. They were very delicious to be so simple to make.



Verdict: 
 I give this recipe 5 out of 5 eggs. 
It only needed three main ingredients and a muffin tin. It took maybe 30 minutes to make from start to finish. It was pretty delicious and the individual dishes makes it great for parties or a quick breakfast. 


The Base Recipe: 

Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups

Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins


Ingredients:
1 cup shredded cheese
4 eggs
4 slices of precooked bacon (if you are using raw bacon, make sure to heat it up so it is cooked about 50% before placing it into the molds)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin tin with pam spray.
2. Line muffin pans with bacon so that it circles each mold.
3. Break an egg into the center of each mold.
4. Sprinkle cheese atop each egg.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes or until egg is cooked to the doneness of your liking. Serve while warm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Sweet Rice

Today's recipe was a family staple sweet rice, Most people would call this rice pudding. Its about the same, but we tend to eat it warm, where others may eat it cold. We also consider it to be a useful addition to any meal, be it as a side dish or a breakfast. The recipe is pretty easy, so I suggest you try it for yourself.

Review: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Cheesecake Factory

Today's choice off the Breakfast Menu was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the French Toast Napoleon from the Cheesecake Factory Today the wife and I decided to hit up the Cheesecake factory for brunch. We have eaten there once before for breakfast but that was so long ago that I did not have a clear memory of why we had never returned. A friend of ours really likes eating at the establishment and it had been forever since we ventured that way. The restaurant was of course packed to the gills but we discovered the secret of the bar area where, if you can grab a table, you can jump the line and get seated faster.

Review: Zoup!

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Zoup!  Fresh Soup Company: Every now and again a friend will call me to sit down and bend my ear to their tales and troubles. Today was  one of those days where I found myself on the other side of the table while a friend laid out a personal issue. We decided on Zoup! at Stetson Square. It specializes in various soups. They let you taste them before you buy, so you have the chance to try over a dozen different soups. The soups were tasty but not spectacular. It was a pleasant experience for a quick lunch.