Skip to main content

Road Trip Review: Price's Chicken Coop


Today's choice off the breakfast menu was prices chicken coop:

I had a snafu at Eddie's place. The batteries in my camera went dead so what I had to go back to the hotel to charge them. That gave me and the wife an opportunity to take a nap. When we woke she was, of course, hungry so we decided to grab some food. It was Saturday so we have the opportunity to stop at prices chicken coop. Price’s chicken coop is a little chicken shack south of Charlotte that was spoken highly of on urban spoon. Thankfully I was not disappointed.





Price's Chicken coop is truly a chicken shack. It is tucked away on a off a "blink and you'll miss it" little street south of Charlotte. It had been on my list for several of my trips to the city but circumstances and conventions got in the way of our ever reaching the place. They close relatively early at 6pm and the cons usually let out at exactly that time. Fortunately my little issue with the camera battery put me on my way to the con, so I decided to hit up this place and grab a box of chicken.
The menu is incredibly simple.

The place is small, there is no seating inside. There is a only a counter and the staff and the thick air full of grease. The staff dresses in all white and buzz around behind the counter like bees. They have several cash registers so even though there is a line out the door once you get in you can move through pretty fast. Remember to bring cash because they do not accept credit cards.

The Chicken was crispy and flavorful. It wasn't full of grease like most commercial places and it had a thin crispy skin that held the herbs and spices perfectly. The chicken was not dried out and had great flavor. It was definitely a great pit stop for us.


Overall Experience:
Menu:                     4
Food taste/Quality: 4

I give the whole experience 4 out of 5 broken eggs:
The chicken is tasty and crispy and all the things fried chicken should be. It had a great price for a good bit of food and everyone who tried it in our little party loved it. I think it would make for a great Sunday dinner or a Saturday lunch at the park. For what it is, I recommend the place for a pit stop.

For more on Piece’s Chicken Coop

Address:
1614 Camden Road
Charlotte, NC


Hours:   
Tues. - Sat. 10:00am - 6:00pm

Phone:
704-333-9866

Website:
Price's Chicken Coop on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Sweet Rice

Today's recipe was a family staple sweet rice, Most people would call this rice pudding. Its about the same, but we tend to eat it warm, where others may eat it cold. We also consider it to be a useful addition to any meal, be it as a side dish or a breakfast. The recipe is pretty easy, so I suggest you try it for yourself.

Review: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Cheesecake Factory

Today's choice off the Breakfast Menu was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the French Toast Napoleon from the Cheesecake Factory Today the wife and I decided to hit up the Cheesecake factory for brunch. We have eaten there once before for breakfast but that was so long ago that I did not have a clear memory of why we had never returned. A friend of ours really likes eating at the establishment and it had been forever since we ventured that way. The restaurant was of course packed to the gills but we discovered the secret of the bar area where, if you can grab a table, you can jump the line and get seated faster.

Review: Zoup!

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Zoup!  Fresh Soup Company: Every now and again a friend will call me to sit down and bend my ear to their tales and troubles. Today was  one of those days where I found myself on the other side of the table while a friend laid out a personal issue. We decided on Zoup! at Stetson Square. It specializes in various soups. They let you taste them before you buy, so you have the chance to try over a dozen different soups. The soups were tasty but not spectacular. It was a pleasant experience for a quick lunch.