Skip to main content

Review: French Toast from Tucker's on Vine

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was the French Toast from Tucker's on Vine st.


I met up with a friend for a bite to eat and some excellent conversation. It was a good time made even better by this delicious french toast from Tucker's.


Tucker's is a Cincinnati greasy spoon style diner in the heart of Cincinnati's Over-The-Rine neighborhood. The place may not look like much from the outside but the menu is cheap and the food is excellent. The service was superb, with my water glass never going empty even though my friend and I stayed for a half hour gabbing away in our booth. The only problem I can see with the place is that it is small. The booths were made for a different era. My guest and I were not small men by any means and we were a little tight in the booth. The guy behind me was a bit squirmy and would bump me at my back frequently, which was a little irritating, but I don't blame the place for an inconvenient guest.


I ordered the french toast with a couple scrambled eggs. The french toast was covered in oats and fruit and was made of a brioche bread. It was fluffy and light with an eggy flavor that I could appreciate. the strawberries were fresh. It was terrific. I really enjoyed the marvelous flavor of the batter, and it was cooked to perfection. I added a little butter to each piece. The whole thing was only about 4 bucks, which was super cheap.



I give the French Toast 5 out of 5 broken eggs,
Yes it was that good, and I highly recommend you go down there and try it out. Tuckers was a real experience with people from all walks of life stepping in for a little bit of good food from friendly people.

Tuckers (Vine St) on Urbanspoon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Sweet Rice

Today's recipe was a family staple sweet rice, Most people would call this rice pudding. Its about the same, but we tend to eat it warm, where others may eat it cold. We also consider it to be a useful addition to any meal, be it as a side dish or a breakfast. The recipe is pretty easy, so I suggest you try it for yourself.

Review: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Cheesecake Factory

Today's choice off the Breakfast Menu was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the French Toast Napoleon from the Cheesecake Factory Today the wife and I decided to hit up the Cheesecake factory for brunch. We have eaten there once before for breakfast but that was so long ago that I did not have a clear memory of why we had never returned. A friend of ours really likes eating at the establishment and it had been forever since we ventured that way. The restaurant was of course packed to the gills but we discovered the secret of the bar area where, if you can grab a table, you can jump the line and get seated faster.

Review: Zoup!

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Zoup!  Fresh Soup Company: Every now and again a friend will call me to sit down and bend my ear to their tales and troubles. Today was  one of those days where I found myself on the other side of the table while a friend laid out a personal issue. We decided on Zoup! at Stetson Square. It specializes in various soups. They let you taste them before you buy, so you have the chance to try over a dozen different soups. The soups were tasty but not spectacular. It was a pleasant experience for a quick lunch.