Skip to main content

Review: Quarter Barrel

Today's Choice was Quarter Barrel Brewery & Pub:


Lunch with the girls landed us in a ritzy little gastropub with good grub and a little bit of class. I have to say, after a hiatus, it is good to be back.



What is this?

A Blog?

Where have I been?


All will be revealed, eventually if I take the time to type something up. Really I just want to get into the Breakfast I just had. The truth is I can never get out the breakfast game. It is in my soul man, it be calling me like Pookie in New Jack. Since we last reviewed I have had another kid, which I can definitely say was a blessing but really gets in the way of the blogging time. I have been still finding the time to Brunch Hard, but not the time to write about said brunching and all the hardness. So without further Ado, let me get into this Brunch session that went down today. 



Quarter Barrel Pub is one of those newfangled gastro pubs that have been popping up all over. They have a small menu, well selected dishes and an industrial ambiance. They have high top tables and exposed piping all along the ceiling. They have a library on the walls where you can leaf through a pretty eclectic array of books, and some board games for bored patrons. Our waiter was a young dude with a sag in his pants and tattoos on his arms. In this hipster world of the millennials this is how brunch is usually done.

I ordered the Hash, which listed its ingredients as two eggs, spinach, onions, tomatoes and potatoes for 8$. At noon on a Friday they only have a brunch menu. I don’t know about other days, but I hear they have pretty good burgers.  The hash was delicious. They fried my egg runny which I adored. If you aren’t a fan I would suggest you tell them you don’t want it that way but I absolutely loved it.



I ordered a side of the French toast, which was a little steep with one slice for $2.50. In the end I was satisfied because the French Toast tasted amazing. It was a perfect blend of eggy goodness with vanilla and a creamy texture. They really knew what they were doing with it. It was the best French Toast I have had in a little while and I dare say it is in stiff competition with the French Toast at Pattersons. (I realize that last statement might be blasphemy. )



Overall it was a great experience. Good service with some good food with interesting flavors that was cooked really well. I loved it and I am definitely returning to try some other delicacies off the menu. My coworker had a baked brie that looked divine, and although I don’t think I would ever order that for just myself I wanted to try it. They also had a pizza looking flatbread dish called Lavosh which my other coworker got and let me try. (Sorry no photos.)  It was spinach and artichoke with balsamic vinegar. I loved it and would have also had it for a meal. All in all you can’t go wrong with this little spot just a block off uptown in Oxford. 

Overall Experience:
Service:                  4
Ambiance:              4
Menu:                     4
Food taste/Quality:  5

I give the whole experience 4 out of 5 broken eggs:




Website: http://quarterbrewpub.webs.com/


Quarter Barrel Brewery and Pub on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Sweet Rice

Today's recipe was a family staple sweet rice, Most people would call this rice pudding. Its about the same, but we tend to eat it warm, where others may eat it cold. We also consider it to be a useful addition to any meal, be it as a side dish or a breakfast. The recipe is pretty easy, so I suggest you try it for yourself.

Review: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Cheesecake Factory

Today's choice off the Breakfast Menu was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and the French Toast Napoleon from the Cheesecake Factory Today the wife and I decided to hit up the Cheesecake factory for brunch. We have eaten there once before for breakfast but that was so long ago that I did not have a clear memory of why we had never returned. A friend of ours really likes eating at the establishment and it had been forever since we ventured that way. The restaurant was of course packed to the gills but we discovered the secret of the bar area where, if you can grab a table, you can jump the line and get seated faster.

Review: Zoup!

Today’s choice off the Breakfast Menu was Zoup!  Fresh Soup Company: Every now and again a friend will call me to sit down and bend my ear to their tales and troubles. Today was  one of those days where I found myself on the other side of the table while a friend laid out a personal issue. We decided on Zoup! at Stetson Square. It specializes in various soups. They let you taste them before you buy, so you have the chance to try over a dozen different soups. The soups were tasty but not spectacular. It was a pleasant experience for a quick lunch.